Indoor Air Quality and Comfort Control Company in Sacramento
Sooner or later, every homeowner will have to deal with some kind of indoor air quality and comfort issue. Those issues can greatly impact your home’s environment as well as your well-being and safety. A lot of those issues can be kept at minimum with regular furnace, air conditioning and HVAC maintenance by an experienced HVAC contractor like Bell Brothers. In combination with frequent service, the use of air cleaning devices like air-purifiers and dehumidifiers can get rid of bad air and greatly improve your home’s air quality.
Common Causes of Poor Indoor Air Quality and Comfort
According to the EPA, the air in your home can be more than 5-times more polluted than the air you breathe when you are walking outside. There is a wide variety of reasons of why that is and below are the most common ones:
- Poor ventilation – lack of proper ventilation makes air circulation impossible. Dirty air gets trapped inside your home while no fresh, clean air can come in. The result is a stale and stagnant environment full of harmful contaminants.
- Indoor moisture and humidity levels – these issues are commonly caused by poor ventilation and not only affect your comfort but the air you breathe as well. High humidity levels create an ideal environment for contaminants (mold, mildew, bacteria and germs) to grow. Because of poor ventilation those contaminants are then released into your home instead of outside and can directly affect your well-being. On the other hand, low levels of moisture in the air can irritate your skin, give you a sore throat and cause other issues to your respiratory system. Another sign of dry air are static shocks, which are never pleasant.
- A variety of air contaminants – including dust and pollen particles, pet dander, mold, bacteria and viruses, a variety of odors and possibly harmful chemicals (cleaning supplies, paints, cooking fumes, etc). Most of these contaminants are too small to even see and can enter your home though open windows and doors, chimneys and fireplaces or can be dragged in by you and your family.
- Temperature – temperature imbalances in your home can affect your comfort on a daily basis. Uneven temperatures from room to room are usually a sign of an inefficient HVAC system. Regular checks by the homeowner (changing filter) and pre-season full-system tune-ups by an experienced HVAC company like Bell Brothers can eliminate the majority of your temperature issues.
Ways to Improve your Indoor Air Quality
One of the most effective ways to improve the quality of your home’s air is to reduce the amount of contaminants in it. You can do that in a number of different ways.
- Regular HVAC system maintenance – by servicing your furnace and your air-conditioner unit on a yearly basis you can almost ensure that your whole HVAC system will be running at peak efficiency year-round. Proper operation results in cleaner air by removing the majority of all contaminants from your home and not allowing the growth of other new ones.
- Use of additional air cleaning and treating equipment – there is a variety of equipment in the market today specifically designed to effectively address indoor air quality and comfort issues and in combination with a “healthy” HVAC system can give you the peace of mind you want. That equipment includes:
- Humidifiers – are designed to add the appropriate amount of moisture to dry air and make your living conditions more comfortable. By increasing you air’s humidity, you can make your space feel warmer, you can reduce dry skin problems and unwanted static shocks, plus you can save some money on your energy bills, by not having to use your home’s heat as frequently.
- Dehumidifiers – are designed to remove moisture from indoor air that might feel sticky and uncomfortable. Dehumidifiers can help balance your home’s humidity levels and reduce the potential of mold and bacteria growth.
- Air Cleaners/Purifiers – are designed to attach to your furnace or air conditioner or function as stand-alone units. They can successfully capture and destroy contaminants, thus preventing them from getting re-circulated through your home over and over again.
- Air Filters – are already a very important part of your furnace and air conditioner. They are designed to capture dirt, mold and other air pollutants and prevent them from getting distributed throughout your home. As a homeowner, changing those filters on a regular basis can make all the difference in the world.
Protect Your Home and Family with Bell Brothers Indoor Air Quality Testing and Control
Knowing what affects your home’s air quality and being able to recognize signs of dirty air are the first steps to proactively dealing with the problem before it gets too extensive. At Bell Brothers we are pleased to provide high-quality IAQ service to help you do that. Our service and testing is designed to prevent future air quality and comfort problems by investigating and addressing the causes of existing home contaminants.
Contact us at 916-226-9884 today to speak to one of our experienced IAQ technicians. We will be happy and proud to add you to our family of satisfied customers.